Are your written documents getting the response you intended?
Are you confident in their persuasiveness and professionalism?
Are you sending a clear, concise message the first time without time-consuming re-writes?
If you answered sometimes, not often enough, or no to any of these questions, consider attending the one-day “Effective Writing Workshop.” Emails, reports, and memos are often the cornerstone for others to take action. Therefore, the need to “write it right” plays a major part in your effectiveness and efficiency on the job. Through a variety of writing exercises, you will learn how to write concise, direct, natural-sounding documents that create a receptive attitude and a response on the part of the reader.
- Create direct, customer-friendly documents
- BLAT! Put the bottom line at the top!
- In messages that request/recommend/propose action
- In messages that send information
- Write it right the first time
- Sound appropriately reader-friendly from the beginning
- Make it easy to read quickly
- Avoid communication blunders when writing internationally
- Follow standard guidelines for writing effective email
Participants will be able to:
- Increase writing speed by writing it right the first time
- Explain the message clearly and concisely without sacrificing detail
- Get to the point and sound nice about it
- Have readers differentiate between requesting action and presenting information
- Create easy to read and memorable documents, at 6th to 10th grade readability level
- Master and measure passive voice
- Improve basic writing skills of grammar and punctuation
- Choose the best words for the message
- Write productively about negative topics
- Use an on-the-spot, 60-second editing technique
All courses can be customized for each group’s specific needs.